Changes to Second Tier Administrative Arrangements
A new version of the Administrative Arrangements for the Second Tier Default Benefits for Overnight and Day Only Treatment has been published by the Department of Health. This document and associated materials can be found here.
The current STAC approved list of second tier facilities can be found in 2016 Private Health Insurance (PHI) Circular 93/16 dated 16 December 2016, which is available here.
PLEASE NOTE CHANGES TO THE SECOND TIER APPLICATION PROCESS: All applications should be submitted to the Second Tier Advisory Committee (STAC) secretariat via the Second Tier Portal.
An updated version of the Sample Application reflecting these changes is located below:
- Sample Application 2016 (updated 31 May 2016)
Please note: all applications must be accompanied by a completed Application Form & Tax Invoice available below:
Proposed STAC dates for 2017 (please note: these dates may be subject to change):
- Friday, 10 February 2017, cut-off date for Applications: Friday, 20 January 2017
- Friday, 12 May 2017, cut-off date for Applications: Thursday, 13 April 2017
- Friday, 11 August 2017, cut-off date for Applications: Friday, 21 July 2017
- Friday, 10 November 2017, cut-off date for Applications: Friday, 20 October 2017
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS: