Changes to Second Tier Administrative Arrangements
A new version of the Administrative Arrangements for the Second Tier Default Benefits for Overnight and Day Only Treatment has been published by the Department of Health. This document and associated materials can be found here.
The current STAC-approved list of second tier facilities can be found in 2016 Private Health Insurance (PHI) Circular 18/16 dated 20 March 2016, which is available here.
PLEASE NOTE CHANGES TO THE SECOND TIER APPLICATION PROCESS: All applications should be submitted to the Second Tier Advisory Committee (STAC) secretariat via the Second Tier Portal.
An updated version of the Sample Application reflecting these changes is located below:
- Sample Application 2016 (updated 31 May 2016)
Please note: all applications must be accompanied by a completed Application Form & Tax Invoice available below:
Proposed STAC dates for 2016 (please note: these dates may be subject to change):
- Friday, 12 February 2016, cut-off date for Applications: Friday, 22 January 2016
- Friday, 13 May 2016, cut-off date for Applications: Friday, 15 April 2016
- Friday, 12 August 2016, cut-off date for Applications: Friday, 22 July 2016
- Friday, 11 November 2016, cut-off date for Applications: Friday, 21 October 2016
Second-Tier Renewal Reminder: Attention those facilities that are due to expire on 30 June 2016 should re-apply to the STAC meeting proposed for Friday, 13 May 2016, the cut-off date for applications to be received by APHA is Friday, 15 April 2016.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS: